Click the Play Button Below to Listen to the Podcast
In this episode, I talk with Helle Sparre who brought her expertise on tennis strategy to doubles on the Pickleball court. Helle was a professional tennis player in the 1970’s but has been an avid Pickleball teacher and player the past five years. If you are interested in learning more about Pickleball doubles strategy this episode is for you as she takes a deep dive into the subject.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why Helle’s goal to be on a U.S. tennis team was so important to her
- How Helle’s strategies from her tennis book Dynamite Doubles translated to the Pickleball court
- The two things that attracted her to the game of Pickleball
- Three things you often hear to do in Pickleball that aren’t always the right strategy
- Why gaps are important and how to take advantage of them
- Why you don’t want to be a “Wrong Way Wanda” in Pickleball
- The role of the workhorse and blocker/terminator on a doubles team
- How to change your mindset from killing the ball to playing error free Pickleball
- Why it is important to add spin to your shots as your game improves
Mentioned in the Show
Dynamite Doubles: Play Winning Tennis Today!