Steve Sidwell of the International Federation of Pickleball (IFP) says there is no magic number of countries playing the game for getting the sport into the Olympic Games. But he has been responsible for the recent explosion of nations becoming members of the IFP.
In this episode we discuss:
- How Steve’s post-retirement volunteer work became a challenging endeavor
- What is the two-step process to bringing Pickleball to the Olympics
- What host countries look for in choosing which sports to include in the Games
- What are the membership levels in the (IFP)
- What are the plans for Pickleball in Paris in 2024 and Los Angeles in 2028
- What does it take to become a full member of the IFP