One thing I never thought I would talk about on a Pickleball podcast is murder. But Jeff Rasley, author of the novel A Pickleball Soap Opera: Love, Murder, and Pickleball, is my guest today. There is a lot of intrigue both in the interview and book so let’s hear from Jeff.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Jeff created a place to play Pickleball because of a lack of indoor courts in his area
- Why he decided to write a novel about Pickleball and how it combines romance and mystery
- How Jeff’s background as a lawyer lends itself to writing about what you know
- How he walked a fine line in his writing between readers who play Pickleball and those who do not
- Why did he set the novel before the COVID-19 pandemic