Julie Johnson is not only one of the top senior professionals in the game. She is also the mother of JW and Jorja, both of whom are professional players, both being named rookie of the year by the APP. Julie talks about how JW chose Pickleball over tennis and why Jorja’s involvement in the sport is surprising. With so much going on, Julie can find herself distracted on the court, so she discusses how she is handling all of this.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How both of Julie’s children, JW and Jorja, surprised her when it came to Pickleball
- Why JW chose Pickleball over tennis and what his defining moment in Pickleball was
- What really bothers Julie when she is playing doubles in a tournament
- What JW and Jorja said to her after they both won gold medals in singles in a tournament
- How much time do Julie and JW spend breaking down film
- How the family is learning how to handle distractions