Kate Van Gent started playing Pickleball during the worst of the COVID-19 pandemic because her pilates studio was shut down. Now she is leading the team to help Pickleball become the official state sport of Washington.
In this episode, we discuss:
- How Kate went from pilates to Pickleball
- How the idea for making Pickleball the state sport of Washington came to fruition
- How a chance meeting propelled Kate into assembling a team to help Pickleball become Washington’s official sport
- How one of the founders of Pickleball used the sport to develop relationships in the state congress
- Why the Pickleball court is becoming just as important of a place to do business as the golf course
- What the business environment is like for Pickleball in Washington