I have been working on getting more women on the Pickleball Fire podcast. And today, I have Chris Evon and Terri Graham, who in 2015 left their jobs at Wilson Sporting Goods and founded the U.S. Open Pickleball Championships.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why Chris and Terri left Wilson Sporting Goods
- How their experience in racquetball translated to founding the U.S. Open Pickleball Championship
- What were some of the most giant curve balls in starting and running the tournament
- Why Terri and Chris decided to host the tournament in Naples, FL, and how the venue improved over the years
- What makes the U.S. Open special, and how you can compete in it
Photo by Bruce Yeung; IG: @yeungphotography