Phil Metz does not play Pickleball competitively, but he does teach with one of the best-known professionals in the game, Simone Jardim. Today Phil talks about the importance of paddle position in developing fast hands.
In this episode, we discuss:
- Why Phil doesn’t want to have a repeat of his tennis days in Pickleball
- Why Simone Jardim invited Phil to a Pickleball clinic
- Why he prefers to teach beginning and intermediate players rather than advanced students
- How Phil and Simone developed such as great rapport
- What it means to have fast hands and how to develop that skill
- Why playing with better players doesn’t always make you better