I believe Jayden Broderick is the only teenager I have spoken with on the Pickleball Fire podcast, other than Anna Leigh Waters who was 14 at the time. Jayden is now 16 but just picked up a paddle two years ago and is now competing against the professionals in singles and having success.
In this episode, we discuss:
- What Jayden is doing this fall which will be different for him
- What Jayden is no longer doing with his father
- What gives him such an advantage when playing singles
- What is the most significant difference between playing at the professional level versus the amateur level
- What Jayden learned when he played in the APP’s Next Gen series