Sometimes on the court, you see players who appear so calm, and their game looks effortless. That describes teaching pro Mike Leigh, who recently wrote a book called Zen and the Art of Pickleball. Mike and I discuss both the mind and body in this episode as we talk about video analysis, proper mechanics, and the mental game.
In this episode, we discuss the following:
- What type of video analysis Mike did for the Olympic Committee
- How he uses video today to help his students
- What it means to play Pickleball in a zen-like state
- What is the key to using visualization to improve your game
- How Mike has developed a very calm approach to the game while on the court